Mozzarella Cheese Yeast Dinner Rolls
ETA: Sometimes I will add a cocktail sausage (or a chunk of regular smoked sausage) with the cheese -- it makes a wonderful breakfast roll!
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- flour (up to 1/2 cup more, if needed)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 pkg
- fast rise yeast
- chunks mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- melted butter
- garlic salt
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Mozzarella Cheese Yeast Dinner Rolls
- 1Combine milk, water and butter and heat to 115 - 125 degrees. Place 1 cup flour, sugar, salt, egg and dry yeast in large bowl.
- 2Add heated liquid and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in remaining 1 cup flour. (Dough will be sticky).**(See NOTE). Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead until firm and smooth, about 10 minutes.
Cover & let rest 10 minutes.
- 3Divide dough into 12 equal balls. Flatten each ball into a circle, approximately 3-4" across. Place a mozzarella chunk in the middle and close up, pinching dough together to seal. Place in a well-greased muffin pan or on cookie sheet at least 1" apart, and put in warm place until doubled in size, about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.
- 4Brush tops with mixture of melted butter and olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- 5Preheat oven to 400. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
**NOTE: The dough will be sticky and wet. Turn out onto well floured surface and use well floured hands to work with the dough, using extra flour as needed. Do not use too much, as you want to keep the dough soft. This creates a very light, fluffy roll.