Lemon Rosemary Bread with Pecans
~Photo by me~
My step-grandmother's old wooden recipe box, and my Grandma Dale's old wooden cutting board and butter knife. Lots of memories in that photo!
- 2 1/2
- cups flour
- cup sugar
- cup chopped walnuts, i used finely chopped pecans
- tsp. baking powder
- tsp. dried rosemary, i prefer crushed for this
- tsp. salt
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- eggs lightly beaten
- cup white wine, i used apple juice
- cup evoo
How to Make Lemon Rosemary Bread with Pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Stir together flour, sugar, walnuts or pecans, baking powder, rosemary, salt and lemon zest in mixing bowl on low. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs,then whisk in wine or apple juice, and olive oil, then stir into dry ingredients. Use a spatula to scrape bottom and sides and fold in. Pour the batter into prepared pan scraping all of the batter out with a spatula, and smooth the surface. Bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. My oven took exactly 55.