- 1 pkg
- any brand spicey or regular sausage
- 2 can(s)
- pillsbury refrigerated thick pizza crust
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic
- 1 slice
- white or yellow onion
- 6 slice
- provalone cheese (any style)
How to Make Knock-Out Sausage Bread
- 1Finely chop onion and garlic, and place in a skillet with the sausage. Brown the sausage and make it fine (not in large chunks). When onions are transparent, remove the sausage, onion and garlic mixture and drain completely. (I do not like grease, so I rinse my mixture with warm water and strain). Let sausage cool completely.
- 2Take both pillsbury thick pizza crusts and unroll on a flat surface. Place 3 slices of Provalone cheese onto each crust so that they slightly overlap but take up the length of the crust. Put 1/2 the sausage mixture onto the cheese and spread evenly. Take the other 1/2 of sausage mixture and place on the other pizza crust. Roll the crust starting with the end that you placed the cheese and sausage on. Pinch the ends as you go to keep the sauasage from falling out. (I wait till I am done rolling and pull the end flaps over the loaf).
- 3Bake on a cookie sheet (ungreased)at 375 degrees for 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice to your desired thickness & Serve. The bread is easier to slice while it is warm...can serve warm or cold delicious both ways