Jalapeno Polenta Scones
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cwhole grain flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 csour cream, fat-free
1/4 cgrits, quick-cooking
2 mediumjalapenos, fresh
How to Make Jalapeno Polenta Scones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare one serving of grits (polenta) according to package directions - should make about 3/4 cup cooked. Allow to cool for 20 minutes. Dice the jalapenos and set aside.
- In a standing mixer bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt/pepper. With the dough hook attachment, combine the sour cream and egg into flour mixture. Incorporate the cooked and chilled grits (polenta) until a soft, crumbly dough forms.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for about 5 minutes while incorporating the diced jalapeno. Roll into a half-inch thick square. Cut into 6 or 8 pieces.
- Place the scones on a greased baking sheet. Score the tops of each with an X shape.
- Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy.