Jalapeno Polenta Scones
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/2 c
- whole grain flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c
- sour cream, fat-free
- 1 large
- 1/4 c
- grits, quick-cooking
- 2 medium
- jalapenos, fresh
How to Make Jalapeno Polenta Scones
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare one serving of grits (polenta) according to package directions - should make about 3/4 cup cooked. Allow to cool for 20 minutes. Dice the jalapenos and set aside.
- 3In a standing mixer bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt/pepper. With the dough hook attachment, combine the sour cream and egg into flour mixture. Incorporate the cooked and chilled grits (polenta) until a soft, crumbly dough forms.
- 4On a floured surface, knead the dough for about 5 minutes while incorporating the diced jalapeno. Roll into a half-inch thick square. Cut into 6 or 8 pieces.
- 5Place the scones on a greased baking sheet. Score the tops of each with an X shape.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy.