Honey Wheat Bread
My husband and kids love this bread! I don't buy store bought bread anymore. I make this recipe at least once or twice a week.
I always have request from friends and family for a loaf!
I even make this bread for Communion at church once a month!
How to Make Honey Wheat Bread
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey and stir well. Let mixture stand for about 10 minutes, mixture should be a little bubbly.
- Mix in salt, vegetable oil, and whole wheat flour.
- Gradually add your bread flour, 1 cup at a time. When your dough starts to pull away from the sides of your bowl, turn onto a lightly flour surface to work in remaining flour. Knead until smooth and elastic, then place in a well oiled bowl. Turn several times to coat your dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth, and allow dough to rise in a warm place until double in size, about 45 minutes.
- Punch down dough and divide into 2 loaves. Place each loaf into a well greased 9x5 pan. Allow to rise until dough is 1 to 1 1/2 inches above pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack.