Homemade Multi-Grain Bread
1 1/4 chot multi-grain cereal mix
2 1/2 cboiling water
1/4 cmelted butter
2 1/2 tspyeast
7 1/2 ozwhole wheat flour ( just shy of 1 cup)
15 ozall purpose flour (just shy of 2 cups)
3/4 cpumpkin seeds
3/4 coatmeal ( more or less)
How to Make Homemade Multi-Grain Bread
- Pour boiling water over cereal and mix, then cool to 100 degrees ( so as not to kill the yeast later)
- Add the honey, melted butter, yeast and flours. Mix just until combined in a mixer. Cover and leave for 20 minutes
- Add salt and knead on medium for 3-4 minutes. Check for consistency and knead 5 more minutes.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and mix until blended. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover and place in a warm place until dough is doubled.
- Divide dough in half and shape into two loaves. Spray with some oil and roll in the oatmeal. Place in greased loaf pans and let rise until doubled
- Bake in a 375 oven for 35-40 minutes or until internal temperature of 200. Cool for few minutes on a rack and then turn out on the rack to cool.