Holiday Ham, Pepper and Apricot Rolls (Cuban)
- ham steak
- green bell pepper, finely diced
- red bell pepper, finely diced
- small onion, finely diced
- tsp. garlic, minced
- tbl. oil
- (12 oz.) pkgs. crescent rolls
- cup apricot jam
How to Make Holiday Ham, Pepper and Apricot Rolls (Cuban)
- 1Buy the large, thick ham steak with the bone in and dice, removing the bone and fat. Finely dice the onion and peppers. Heat oil in large skillet and start to saute ham. Add onions and peppers and cook til softened. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Let filling cool, then put a spoonful on the wide end of each crescent, then roll to seal. Place on cookie sheet point-side down. Bake according to roll pkg. directions. Melt jam in microwave til spreadable. Brush on rolls during the last 3-4 minutes.
- 2Any leftover filling can be used in scrambled eggs, omelets, stirred into mac 'n cheese, dips, rewarmed and served with crackers, added to casseroles or soups, or tossed into hot pasta. But you may not have much left if any. Just depends on the size of the ham steak and the size of the peppers. A little extra never goes to waste, though!