Herbed Dinner Rolls
- 2-1/4 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- warm water, 103-105°f
- 1 c
- milk @ room temp
- 2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter @ room temp
- 3/4 c
- chopped fresh parsley (either flat or curly leaf)
- 1/2-3/4 c
- chopped fresh chives
- 5-6 c
- bread flour
- egg white
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Herbed Dinner Rolls
- 1Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand to proof, about 10 min.
- 2Into yeast mixture, add milk, eggs, salt, butter, parsley, chives and 4 C. flour; add remaining flour 1/2 C. @ tie until dough comes together. I mix this in my KA stand mixer, use paddle at first and then attach dough hook when dough starts getting stiffer.
NOTE: You can use dried herbs instead of fresh, but only use about 1/3 the amount!
- 3Turn out onto lightly floured board, knead til smooth and elastic (about 10 min.) **I leave it in mixer bowl and let the machine do the kneading**
Cover w/damp towel and let rise until doubled, about 35-45 minutes in warm place.
- 4Grease two 13" x 9" baking pans.
Punch down dough, then shape into 18-24 rolls, you can make them any size you want. Arrange rolls in pan, cover again and let rise another 30-45 min. until doubled.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
In small bowl, beat egg white with 2 Tbsp. water; brush over tops of rolls.
***I usually do NOT glaze before baking, instead I will brush rolls w/butter when removed from oven.***
- 6Bake about 30 minutes, or til golden. Let cool on rack.