Granddaddy's Cornbread Dressing
19x13 inch pan cornbread
4 stalk(s)celery, peeled
1 can(s)chicken broth
2 Tbspparsley flakes
2 tspsage, dried
1 Tbsprosemary, dried
1 Tbspthyme, dried
How to Make Granddaddy's Cornbread Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degree. Grind cornbread, biscuits, onion and celery. I use a grinder but you can use a food processor if you don't have a grinder.
- Add parsley, sage rosemary and thyme. You can adjust the amounts to suit your taste.
- Start mixing it with your hands.
- Add broth, a little at a time, mixing as you go. Keep adding broth until mixture is moist but still firm and sticky.
- After mixed very well, press into an ungreased, 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes to 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into squares to serve.
- Great covered with gravy.