Granddaddy's Cornbread Dressing
- 9x13 inch pan cornbread
- prepared biscuits
- 1 medium
- 4 stalk(s)
- celery, peeled
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 2 tsp
- sage, dried
- 1 Tbsp
- rosemary, dried
- 1 Tbsp
- thyme, dried
How to Make Granddaddy's Cornbread Dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degree. Grind cornbread, biscuits, onion and celery. I use a grinder but you can use a food processor if you don't have a grinder.
- 2Add parsley, sage rosemary and thyme. You can adjust the amounts to suit your taste.
- 3Start mixing it with your hands.
- 4Add broth, a little at a time, mixing as you go. Keep adding broth until mixture is moist but still firm and sticky.
- 5After mixed very well, press into an ungreased, 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes to 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7Let cool slightly before cutting into squares to serve.
- 8Great covered with gravy.