★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 c
- superfine brown rice flour
- 1/2 c
- tapioca starch
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 12.5 ounce can solo poppy seed cake and pastry filling
- 2 large
- 1/4 c
- eseed (or other neutral flavored) oil
- 1 medium
- lemon zest (finely grated) and juice
- 1 c
- milk (dairy free is fine)
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with gluten free non-stick cooking spray and line with a piece of parchment paper that overhangs on the sides.
- 2Whisk together the brown rice flour, tapioca starch, salt and baking powder. Beat the Poppy Seed filling, eggs, oil and lemon jest on medium high speed of a mixer until it doubles in volume, 2 – 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture slowly. Add the milk and mix until combined. Scrap the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl well with a spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50 – 60 minutes or until browned and a tooth pick inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 3Mix the lemon juice with the powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle onto the cooled loaf and let set for a few minutes.
A gluten free recipe that makes 1 small loaf