Elegant Dinner Rolls
How to Make Elegant Dinner Rolls
- 1Mix water, yeast and honey until combined in a heavy duty mixer (I have a KitchenAid). Add the flours and mix just until combined. Cover mixing bowl with Saran wrap and let sit for 30 minutes. (Don't skip this part--it develops the gluten)
- 2Knead at medium speed for 5 minutes. Add salt (don't add before!),return to kneading for an additional minute.
- 3Turn into a greased bowl, cover and place in a warm place until dough has doubled.
- 4Turning the bowl a quarter turn at a time, use a rubber spatula to slide under the dough edge and turn it inward, like if you were folding. Do this 4-5 times until you have turned it all. Cover and return to a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 5Repeat step 4.
- 6Remove dough to flour dusted counter and gently push out the dough until into a general rectangle and cut into roll size pieces.Shape into balls. About a dozen or so.
- 7Use cake pans which have been lightly greased with shortening. Place the rolls in the pans, not touching.
- 8Let rise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spray the rolls with water and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove and invert pans, gently pulling out the rolls. Reduce oven to 400. Pull the rolls apart and place on their sides on a cookie sheet.
- 10Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until nicely browned.
- 11Cool on wire racks.