Egg Salad Roll
This recipe from BHG.
Tweaked by me.
- 16 oz. loaves sliced crustless white bread(24)
- 6 c
- deli purchased egg salad or make your own
- 2 Tbsp
- snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing( i prefer the salad dressing)
- 1 c
- bacon bits
- 24 slice
- very thinly ,swiss cheese or your favorite
How to Make Egg Salad Roll
- 1Using a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread flat. Combine egg salad with 2 Tablespoons chives,and the oregano. Spread garlic butter on bread , then place cheese slice on top. Spread about 2 Tablespoons of the eggs over each cheese square, covering to edges. Roll as tightly as possible. Cut each roll in half crosswise. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place rolls in layers in storage containers. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- 2Just before serving, lightly spread salad dressing on ends of each roll.Place bacon bits in a shallow dish. Dip ends of rolls into bacon coat. Arrange on serving platters.