Easy French bread
I made this tonight to go with meatball bayonnaise with spicy tomato and pepper sauce sandwiches. That recipe will follow. I love sharing good recipes.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspdry active yeast
2 cwarm water
·oil for bowl
How to Make Easy French bread
- 1. In a bowl, mix together the flour and the salt.
2. In another bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and half of the flour/salt mixture. Using your hands, mix until it forms a dough. If you own a mixer with a dough hook, mix and knead the dough with that instead. Then, cover with a dish cloth and let sit at room temperature for 3 hours. It should triple in size.
3. Gently incorporate the rest of the flour/salt, using your hands or dough hook.
4. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. It should be supple and elastic when you stop kneading.
5. Lightly oil a bowl. Place dough in bowl. Cover with a dish towel. Let sit for 1 hour. It should double in size.
6. Preheat oven to 450°F. Knead again. Then cut dough into 3 parts and form each part into a long baguette. Place on a baking sheet. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
7. Place a bowl of water in the oven. Bake baguettes for about 25 minutes (maybe less). Remove the bowl of water after 15 minutes of baking.
- *I added a cup of King Arthur White Whole Wheat flour in place of one of the cups of white flour and it was delicious and a bit better for you. You can also experiment with more ww flour in place of the white according to your taste.