Cucumber Dinner Rolls
Great recipe to use on those cucumbers in the veggie drawer of the fridge- before they go bad.
These bake up with a delicate flavor of cucumber. A baking must do for you!
- 1 large
- cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced(can use english cuke)
- 1/2 c
- dairy sour cream
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 to 4 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp
- minced chives
- 2 tsp
- minced fresh dill
- note: can use 2 or 3 medium dill pickles in place of the cucumber,if desired. drain and pat away juice.
How to Make Cucumber Dinner Rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 375^.
Place cucumber in a blender, cover and process until smooth. Place 3/4 cup of puree in a saucepan. (freeze any remaining puree for another day).
Add the next 4 ingredients to the pan; heat to about 120^- mixture will look separated, that's OK.
- 2In a large bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups flour and remaining ingredients; add cucumber mixture. Beat on low speed just until moistened; beat on high for 3 minutes. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 3Place dough on a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- 4Punch dough down; let rest 10 minutes. Shape into 12 equal balls; place in a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 5Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm. Great served with salads and soups- roasts and ham.