Classic Dinner Rolls
How to Make Classic Dinner Rolls
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, un-dissolved yeast and salt. Mix well.
- In a smsall sauce pan, heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120 to 130 F)
- Add the warm liquid into the flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup flour and beat 2 more minutes. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions and shape into balls.
- Place in a greased muffin pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan and brush with additionl melted butter, if desired. Serve warm.