Cheesy Beef Cornbread
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1/2 lbground chuck
1 Tbspyellow cornmeal
1 cself-rising yellow cornmeal
1 can(s)(17 oz) cream style corn
2 largeeggs, beaten
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 largeonion, finely chopped
2-4jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Beef Cornbread
- Cook bround chuck until browned, drain and set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cornmeal in the bottom of a well-greased cast iron skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- In a separate bowl, combine the self-rising cornmeal, milk, corn, eggs, and vegetable oil. Pour half of this mixture into the skillt wih the browned cornmeal.
- Sprinkle ground chuck, onion, jalapeno peppers and shredded cheese on top. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.