Kids love these for after school snacks!!
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspmustard powder
1 stickbutter, softened
1/2 cmilk, plus 1 tablespoon for brushing
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheese Scones
- Mix together flour, baking powder, mustard and salt.
- Rub butter into the flour until consistency of bread crumbs.
- Make a well in the middle, add milk and cheese. Knead gently, roll out to 1 inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 8 triangles (more or less) depends on how big you like them...
Place on an un-greased cookie sheet in a pie pattern. About 1/2 inch apart.
Brush with milk.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.
Split and serve with butter! MMMMMM good!!