1loaf frozen bread dough thawed overnight in refrigerator
2/3 cshredded swiss cheese
1/8 tspcayene 1/2
1/2 ceach grated parmesan and romano cheese
1egg yolk beaten with a teaspoon of water
How to Make Cheese Puffs
- allow dough to stand at room temperature on a slightly floured surface one hour
- roll and pat out 1/2" thick sprinkle with swiss cheese, cayene and salt
- fold dough over to enclose cheese, knead into a ball
- sprinkle surface with all but 1 tablespoon mixed cheeses. continue kneading in.
- roll out to a 12 inch square, cut inyo 1 1/2" squares or use 1 1/2" round cutter, re roll trim till all is used up.
- place on greased cookie sheet, let rise 30 minutes
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. brush puffs with egg yolk mixture then top each with a pinch of reserved cheese
- bake for 12 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool
- serve warm