Baked Garlic-Stuffed Antipasto Bread
I've listed the serving size as 6-12. It really depends on how many pieces your guests eat.
1 largefrench bread loaf, unsliced
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1 pkgchopped spinach, frozen
1 can(s)artichoke hearts
1/2 cparsley, italian
8anchovy fillets, cut into large pieces
1 cswiss cheese, grated
1/2 cmozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 tsptarragon, dried
1/2 tspbasil, dried
1 tspgarlic salt
1 tspcoarsely ground black pepper
How to Make Baked Garlic-Stuffed Antipasto Bread
- Thaw spinach and squeeze dry. Set aside.
- Drain and coarsely chop artichoke hearts. Make sure you use the un-marinated ones. Also peel and coarsely chop the garlic and parsley. Set aside.
- Cut top off french bread lengthwise and set aside. Carefully scoop out the inside of loaf, tearing bread into small pieces and putting them in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter and oil until slightly bubbling. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach, artichoke hearts, parsley and anchovies, and stir lightly with a wooden spoon. When thoroughly mixed and heated through, add to the bowl with the bread pieces and toss until well-incorporated.
- Add the cheeses, capers and seasonings. Mix well.
- Pack mixture into hollowed out bread crust. Replace top and wrap in tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Unwrap, drizzle some additional olive oil on top of crust and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 1-1/2 inch slices and serve warm.