BAKED BRIE W/ PECANS AND BROWN SUGAR
18 oz round of brie w/ rind intact (it is soft)
3 Tbspbrown sugar
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/2 ccoarsely chopped pecans
1puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 lbpecans, halved
·real light sprinkle of salt and cinnamon
SLICED APPLES, SLICED PEARS, RED SEEDLESS GRAPES --- CRACKERS & TOASTED PECANS
How to Make BAKED BRIE W/ PECANS AND BROWN SUGAR
- BAKED BRIE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread out a baking pan with parchment paper for baking (9x13).
Spread out puffed pastry on a flat surface.
- In separate small bowl, mix pecans, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spread nut mixture in the center of pastry. Place brie on top of nut mixture. Fold pastry over brie to enclose everything like a package (to the center top). Pinch together and secure gently with kitchen twine. Gently flip pastry package over, place on baking sheet with twine tied twist on the bottom.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes. THEN....
You can slide the parchment paper holding the baked brie slowly onto a nearby serving tray. Put it in the middle of a large serving tray giving room to surround it with apple slices, pear slices, red seedless grapes,crackers, and pecans. When cooled you can trim the parchment paper closer to the brie.
- TOASTED PECANS: THIS CAN BE DONE A DAY IN ADVANCE.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Melt butter and pour into a baking pan. A pan large enough so pecans lay in single file. Roast about 20 minutes, gently stirring every 5 minutes and checking for doneness after 10 minutes.
- Remove toasted pecans from oven.
Mix 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp cinnamon together in small dish. Rub around to mix, then sprinkle mixture over pecans. COOL.
- Cut 3 apples with a variety of colors into slices, set aside. Cut 2 pears into slices, set aside, wash and dry 2 cups of red seedless grapes, set aside.
Arange these items around brie with crackers and toasted pecans.
- ARRANGE FRUIT SLICES AND GRAPES AROUND BRIE ABOUT 10 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING. YOU CAN CUT THE SLICES SEVERAL MINUTES EARLIER BUT KEEP CHILLED TO PREVENT FROM TURNING BROWN.
YOU CAN HAVE EXTRA FRUIT, NUTS, AND CRACKERS PREPARED TO REPLENISH AROUND BRIE.
- ++++ Incorporate some clean, shinny Magnolia leaves and some Candied Orange Slices as decorations to this dish.