Easy Bagel Bread
- 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- 1 large
- 2 1/3 c
- unbleached white flour more if needed
- 1 Tbsp
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 1/4 c
- *** see note at end of recipe directions
How to Make Easy Bagel Bread
- 1Warm milk and water to medium temp. (aprox 105 degree). I call it "baby bath temp". When warm put liquid in your food processor with the dough blade installed.
- 2Add yeast, sugar and large egg to liquid in machine. Pulse once and then let sit for a few minutes to allow yeast to "work" (start to work/ bubbles on top of liquid) Add the salt and pulse once
- 3Add flour about 1/2c. at a time and pulse until all the original amount is in machine. IF dough is not pulling from sides of machine yet add more at rate of about 1/4c. flour at a time till dough pulls from sode of bowl. Pulse several more times to knead the dough.
- 4Move dough to a greased large bowl (I prefer glass) and cover with a clean lint free towel. A pillow case works well also. You don't want "fuzzy" bread. Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size/volume (about 45minutes to 1 hour depending on room temperature)
- 5Punch dough down after the first rising and roll out the air bubblesand roll up into a tight loaf shape and drop into a well oiled bread pan. Again cover with towel and let rise in a warm place again until about 1" over the top of the bread pan.
- 6Heat oven to 350 degrees and put bread pan in the centerof the oven.Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. A good rule of thumb is if you smell it and it smells like bread check it. When it's golden brown and you can remove it EASLY from the pan tap the bottom of the loaf. IF it sounds hollow it's done. Remove from oven and cool on a rack before cutting (about 20 minutes at least if you can wait that long)
- 7*** I have added 1/4 cup chopped white or yellow onion to the mix when I added the flour for each loaf. Also have added fresh chopped garlic. Next time I am thinking of toasting the garlic first. Maybe some jalapeno or asiago cheese. Use your favorites.Remember if you double the main recipe to also double your dded favorite flavors. Experiment and have fun and show bread making who is the boss!!