Authentic Italian Stromboli
214 inch dough balls
1/4 lbthinly sliced genoa salami
1/4 lbthinly sliced proscuitto
1/4 lbthinly sliced pepperoni
1/4 lbthinly sliced provolone
1 cshredded whole milk mozzerella
1/4 cfreshly grated parmesan
How to Make Authentic Italian Stromboli
- Roll out each dough ball to approximately 15" x 12".
- Dividing the meat and cheese ingredients in half, layer in the exact order listed.
- Roll up jellyroll style, starting with the long side, and place seam side down on a greased jellyroll pan. Make sure the ends are sealed, by pinching closed.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the strombolis are baking, melt 1 stick of butter. Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and 2 tsp of parsley.
- Brush the loaves with the garlic mixture as soon as the loaves come out of the oven. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing.