Aunt Viola's Swedish Rye Bread
How to Make Aunt Viola's Swedish Rye Bread
- 1Mix yeast with 1/2 cup warm water. Set aside.
- 2Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Then add:
salt, molasses, honey,butter and rye flour, mix well by hand.
- 3When cool enough, add yeast mixture. Let set a couple of minutes, then add 5 cups all purpose flour.
Mix well. Knead 6-8 minutes or until dough is soft and pliable. Place in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise until double. Punch dough down.
- 4Cut dough in two, shape each half into rounds and place on greased baking sheet. Let rise until double.
- 5Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool.