5 Minute Multi-grain Bread
How to Make 5 Minute Multi-grain Bread
- You don't have to use gluten but I always do when I make bread unless I use bread flour.
- This bread is baked in a dutch oven with the lid on or some type of deep dish covered bakeware that is not oiled or greased.
In a large bowl put all dry ingredients and mix well.
Add water and stir until all ingredients are wet and gather into center of the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in out if the way in an area about 65' to 70.' Let rise for 8 to 18 hours.
That's right, just mix it, cover it and walk away. Mix it up before you go to bed or before you go to work.
- Next lightly flour a smooth surface. I use my clean counter top. Scrap the dough out onto the flour and sprinkle some flour over dough to minimize the dough that sticks to your hands. Punch it down and lightly knead. Form into a disk. The dough will be soft.
- Spray a skillet with oil and put the dough into the skillet. Spray the top of the dough lightly with oil and cover with plastic wrap. Let it double in size about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450' Once it has reached temperature put the covered baking dish in the oven for 10 minutes. Carefully take the hot baking dish out of the oven and set it on the stove. Remove lid and dump the dough into the hot dish. Replace the lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove bread from the oven and take off the lid. Put the bread back in the oven for 10 to 30 minutes to brown the top and form the crust. The longer you leave it in the thicker the crust will be.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before cutting. This bread is delicious and cost less then a $0.50 to make.
By all means check out the video on Youtube. There are lots of them.