Outback Steakhouse Bushman Bread
2 pkgdry yeast
1/2 cwarm water
1 cwarm water
1/2 cdark molasses
2 crye flour
2 1/2 - 3 cbread flour
·shortening for greasing the pan
How to Make Outback Steakhouse Bushman Bread
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Soften yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Stir in the sugar and let stand 6 minutes or until it’s bubbly.
- In large mixing bowl combine the yeast/water combo above along with 1 cup warm water with molasses, salt, oil and rye flour. Mix this until it makes a nice smooth batter.
- Work in the bread flour until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky. It should be very pliable and elastic.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes and then let it rise in a greased bowl until it’s doubled.
- Punch the dough down and shape into 2 large round loaves. Placed the loaves a few inches apart on a greased and cornmeal dusted cookie sheet. Sprinkle a bit of the cornmeal over the top of the loaves as well and let them rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Bake loaves at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the crust makes a hollow sound when tapped. This bread is supposed to freeze very well.