Yummerliscious Soft Pretzels
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 cfour, divided
1 Tbspactive dry yeast
1 tspsugar (i use the organic)
2 Tbspbutter, softened
1 1/3 cwarm water (110-120)
3 Tbspbaking powder
2 Tbspbutter, melted
·cinnamon and sugar
·coarse sea salt
How to Make Yummerliscious Soft Pretzels
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, yeast, sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 1 1/3 cup water. Let this mixture stand until bubble begin to form, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the salt and gradually stir in the remaining flour until dough can be picked up and kneaded on the counter. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes, adding more flour if needed.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Roll out one piece at a time into a rope about 15 inches long. Loop and twist into that cool pretzel shape. Set on a baking sheet while you roll out the remaining portions.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring the remaining 3 cups of water to a boil (remove from heat)and add the baking soda. Dip pretzels into the water bath for about 45 seconds, flipping over about halfway through. Place the soaked pretzels on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush them with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. OR!! you could add the garlic powder, or cinnamon/sugar to the butter and brush them with that...can you say YUM!?!
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.