Winter Squash Rolls
I use frozen squash that I have defrosted in the microwave and cooled to room temp.I also use Yeast from a jar and not the small packets
How to Make Winter Squash Rolls
- 1preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water
- 3In large bowl combine 5 cups of flour, the sugar and salt. stir in the yeast, shortening, squash and milk. Mix well.
stir in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time beating well after each.
when the dough has pulled together turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and supple, (about 8 minutes) place in a lightly oiled large bowl and turn to coat. cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place until double (about 1 hour)
- 4divide dough into twelve equal pieces and form into rounds place in a lightly greased 13x9 in pan cover with damp cloth and let rise until double in volume (about 30-40 min)
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown