Whole Wheat Bread
How to Make Whole Wheat Bread
- Soak yeast in warm water with sugar.
- Heat milk. While hot, pour over shortening, brown sugar, and whole wheat flour. Let stand until lukewarm.
- Add 2 beaten eggs, and 2 tsp. salt. Then the yeast mixture.
- Gradually add 8-10 cups white flour. Knead well. Let rise until double in bulk. Punch down and let rise again.
- Put into 4 well greased bread tins. Let rise until just above rim of pans.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Grease tops with butter while still hot.