BONNIE'S WHITE BREAD -- FEATHER LIGHT !
The photo is my own, recipe adapted from my Onion and Dill Casserole Bread recipe.
2 to 2 2/3cups of bread flour
2 1/4teaspoons active dry yeast in a jar
1tablespoon real butter
8ounces (1 cup) creamed cottage cheese, blended smooth.
1egg , beaten
How to Make BONNIE'S WHITE BREAD -- FEATHER LIGHT !
- EQUIPMENT: You will need a medium sized mixing bowl, thermometer, blender, and an electric mixer.
- DRY INGREDIENTS: Measure one cup of the flour and put into a medium sized mixing bowl. (you will not use all the flour) Add sugar, salt, baking soda and yeast, stir to mix.
- WET MIXTURE: In a small saucpan, add the water, cottage cheese and butter. Heat while stirring until the thermometer reads 120 degrees.
- FIRST RISING: Break the egg into the dry ingredients and beat it with a fork, then add the wet mixture and mix well. Blend with the electric mixer until moist, then beat for 3 minutes at medium speed. Trade your mixer for a wooden spoon and stir in the remaining 1 to 1 2/3 cups of flour by hand to form a soft dough. Use the same bowl you mixed it in. Cover with a tea towel and place in a warm place to rise. I use my oven with the light on. Let it rise until doubled in size. about 45 to 60 minutes.
- PREPARE YOUR CASSEROLE DISH FOR BAKING: Choose a 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole dish and grease it or use Pam spray. Set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- SECOND RISING: After the dough has risen, uncover and punch it down to remove the air bubbles, add as little flour as necessary. Turn the dough into the greased casserole dish, and cover and let rise until doubled in size about 45 minutes, then uncover and place in the pre-heated oven (350 degrees) and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. It sounds hollow inside when tapped lightly. Remove the bread from the casserole dish, and butter the top, and place on a wire rack to cool before slicing. Enjoy!
- COOK'S NOTE: For my dill and onion bread using this recipe go here: BONNIE'S DILL AND ONION CASSEROLE BREAD
Donna Brown tried this variation in the recipe: She used 1 teaspoon garlic salt for the salt in the recipe, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 teaspoons minced onions.