Wheat-Honey Rolls (Overnight)
- 1 pkg
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 c
- warm water (110-115 degrees) divided
- 1 tsp
- egg whites
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 1 tsp
- 4 tsp
- vital wheat gluten, optional
- 1 1/2 c
- wheat flour (hard red wheat)
- 2 1/2 c
- bread flour
- melted butter, optional
How to Make Wheat-Honey Rolls (Overnight)
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, and 1 tsp sugar. Let yeast bloom. (5-10 minutes)
- 2In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- 3Add the yeast mixture, honey, oil, salt, whole wheat flour, vital wheat gluten and remaining water. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Beat until smooth.
- 4Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Shape each portion into nine balls.
- 6To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck ends under.
- 7Place rolls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 8Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter if desired.