TUSCAN ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH STRUDEL
Irit accidently used roasted red peppers in place of the sun-dried tomatoes and it still tasted great. She also left out the chopped walnuts.
- 1-1/4 c
- chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 c
- drained oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tsp
- oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, divided
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 Tbsp
- basil pesto
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- coarsley chopped thawed frozen artichoke hearts (we used trader joe's canned)
- 1 c
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c
- shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tube(s)
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped walnuts
How to Make TUSCAN ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH STRUDEL
- 1In a non-stick skillet, saute mushrooms and tomatoes in 2 tsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes until mushrooms are tender. Cool to room temperature.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine spinach, pesto and pepper. Add the artichokes, mozzarella cheese, 5 Tabs Parmesan cheese and mushroom mixture; mix well.
- 3Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet into one long rectangle.
- 4Spread filling in a 3 in wide strip down center of rectangle. On each long side, cut one-inch wide strips to within 1/2 inch of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Whisk egg and remaining oil; brush over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.