TUSCAN ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH STRUDEL
Irit accidently used roasted red peppers in place of the sun-dried tomatoes and it still tasted great. She also left out the chopped walnuts.
1-1/4 cchopped baby portobello mushrooms
1/3 cdrained oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
4 tspoil from the sun-dried tomatoes, divided
1 pkg(10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 Tbspbasil pesto
1 ccoarsley chopped thawed frozen artichoke hearts (we used trader joe's canned)
1 cshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cshredded parmesan cheese divided
1 tube(s)refrigerated crescent rolls
3 Tbspfinely chopped walnuts
How to Make TUSCAN ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH STRUDEL
- In a non-stick skillet, saute mushrooms and tomatoes in 2 tsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes until mushrooms are tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine spinach, pesto and pepper. Add the artichokes, mozzarella cheese, 5 Tabs Parmesan cheese and mushroom mixture; mix well.
- Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet into one long rectangle.
- Spread filling in a 3 in wide strip down center of rectangle. On each long side, cut one-inch wide strips to within 1/2 inch of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Whisk egg and remaining oil; brush over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.