☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4loaves day-old bread
6 to 8 mediumtomatoes, peeled
·salt, pepper, and red pepper to taste
1onion, grated with juice
How to Make Tomato Sandwiches
- Current bread with a biscuit cutter into 72 rounds.
- Slice tomatoes thinly.
- Place slices on double sheets of paper towels to drain.
- Salt and pepper the tomato slices.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bread rounds.
- Place well-drained tomato slices on half of the rounds.
- Sprinkle half a teaspoon of onion with juice over each tomato.
- Top with remaining bread rounds.
- To store until serving time, place on cookie sheet with wax paper between layers.
- Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator.