Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls
I have used this recipe for regular bread, cinnamon bread, dinner rolls, hoagie rolls, hamburger & hot dog buns.
- 1 pkg
- yeast or (2 1/4 tsp)
- 2 c
- warm milk (110-115 degrees)
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- 5 c
- flour (may take up to 6 cups)
How to Make Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm milk. Let set for 5 minutes.
Add the sugar, butter, salt and 3 cups of flour beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
- 2Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. (I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer and the dough hook. Let the mixer do the kneading for you. Dough is ready when it is no longer sticky and bowl is clean). With floured hands, form dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Divide into 16 pieces for large rolls/buns or up to 36 small dinner rolls. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on greased or parchment lined baking sheets. (I have also placed in greased muffin tins). Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the rolls from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.