Sunflower Seed & Honey Wheat Bread
*The recipe makes 3 loaves so try freezing the other 2 loaves after the first rise and then you'll have them available for whenever you want them!
- 2 pkg
- active dry yeast (1/4oz each)
- 3 1/4 c
- warm water
- 1/4 c
- bread flour
- 1/3 c
- canola oil
- 1/3 c
- 3 tsp
- 6 1/2 + c
- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c
- sunflower kernals
How to Make Sunflower Seed & Honey Wheat Bread
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the bread flour, oil, honey, salt and 4 cups of the whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in the sunflower kernels and enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 2Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3Punch dough down; divide into three portions. Shape into loaves; place in three greased 8x4 inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.