- 4 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 c
- + 1 tbs. sugar
- 3 large
- 4 pkg
- 1/4 oz, active dry yeast
- 1/2 c
- lukewarm water
- 7 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
How to Make Steakhouse Rolls
- 1Combine margarine and shortening with- sugar and beat until light
- 2Add eggs slowly, blending well after each.
- 3Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water until well blended. Make sure water is not too hot.
- 4Sift together flour and salt
- 5Add half the flour and half the mix to the sugar shortening mixture. Add the yeast
- 6Add remainder of flour and milk making a soft dough.
- 7Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 8Place dough in a lightly greased bowl big enough to hold dough when double in size, turning once to grease the surface of the dough.
- 9Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size. 2 0r 3 hrs.
- 10Roll dough over from 4 sides to knead lightly. Let rise again until double in size. Remove from bowl and on floured surface, shape into 12 rolls.
- 11Brush each roll with melted butter or margarine. Let rise in a very warm place for about 25 or 30 minutes until double in size. Do not over rise.
- 12Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes until both tops and bottoms are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush top and bottoms with melted butter or margarine.