1/3 cbutter flavored shortening
3/4 c+ 1 tbs. sugar
4 pkg1/4 oz, active dry yeast
1/2 clukewarm water
7 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/4 cmilk
How to Make Steakhouse Rolls
- Combine margarine and shortening with- sugar and beat until light
- Add eggs slowly, blending well after each.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water until well blended. Make sure water is not too hot.
- Sift together flour and salt
- Add half the flour and half the mix to the sugar shortening mixture. Add the yeast
- Add remainder of flour and milk making a soft dough.
- Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl big enough to hold dough when double in size, turning once to grease the surface of the dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size. 2 0r 3 hrs.
- Roll dough over from 4 sides to knead lightly. Let rise again until double in size. Remove from bowl and on floured surface, shape into 12 rolls.
- Brush each roll with melted butter or margarine. Let rise in a very warm place for about 25 or 30 minutes until double in size. Do not over rise.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes until both tops and bottoms are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush top and bottoms with melted butter or margarine.