Southern Style Hushpuppies
- 2 c
- yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 pinch
- raw sweet onion finely chopped
- green bell pepper finely diced
- whole eggs
- teaspoon course cracked pepper
- (optional- bacon pre-cooked crumbles)
How to Make Southern Style Hushpuppies
- 1Mix all ingredients together. Add a bit more flour if necesssary. Dough should be the consistancy of raw cookie dough.
- 2Scoop by heaping tablespoons and drop in pre-heated oil to deep fry until golden brown. These cook very fast. Maybe 3 minutes. Lift with slottted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- 3Best served warm.