Sour Cream Yogurt Braid
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 pkg(1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
1/3 cwarm water
1/2 cwarm water
1/2 csour cream
1/2 cplain yogurt
4 Tbsp(divided into 2tbs.) butter or margine softened
3-4 1/2 cflour
How to Make Sour Cream Yogurt Braid
- in a small bowl dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup of warm water
- beat sour cream, yogurt, 2 tbs. butter, sugar, salt, and 1/2 cup warm water in a large mixing bowl
- add yeast and 2 cups flour into large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
stir in remaining dough until soft dough
- turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. place in greased bowl and turn over so that the grease covers dough.
cover and let rise in warm place for 1hr.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- punch down dough and turn onto a floured surface.
divide into 3 16-in long sections and pinch the tops together to start braiding. pinch and tuck the bottom of the braid.
- grease baking sheet and sprinkle cornmeal on it.
place braid on baking sheet, cover and let rise for 30 more minutes.