★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 pkg(1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
1/3 cwarm water
1/2 cwarm water
1/2 csour cream
1/2 cplain yogurt
4 Tbsp(divide into 2 tbs.) butter or margine softened
3 - 4 1/2 cbread flour
How to Make Sour Cream Yogurt Braid
- dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup of water in small bowl
- beat sour cream, yogurt, 2 tablespoons butter, sugar, salt and 1/2 cup water in large mixing bowl
- add yeast to large mixing bowl.
and beat in 2 cups of flour until smooth.
- stir in remaining flour till soft dough.
turn onto floured surface and knead for about 6-8 mins
- place dough into a greased bowl, turning it over so the grease covers all of dough, cover and let sit in a warm place for an hour
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- punch dough down and turn over onto a floured surface.
divide into 3 groups and stretch till 16-inches.
braid pieces together
- (pinch seams together and tuck under the braid at top and bottom)
- grease baking sheet and sprinkle with cornmeal.
place braid on baking sheet, cover and let sit in a warm place for 30 mins
- place in oven and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
melt remaining butter and spread over the top of bread when its done