I don’t think mine turned out as pretty, but they were definitely good. Around $1 for all the ingredients used, so very affordable to make.
1 1/4 cwarm water, 110 - 120 degrees
1/2 csugar, divided use
1 cwhole wheat flour
3 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspkosher salt
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1/4 cbaking soda
2 chot water
4 Tbspbutter, melted
·cinnamon sugar or salt to top
How to Make Soft Pretzels
- Combine warm water, 1 tsp sugar and yeast in your mixing bowl. Let sit until foamy.
- Add vegetable oil, 3 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and both salts. Set mixer to knead for 5 minutes. Add remaining cup of flour while it’s kneading.
- Put a lid on it or transfer to a covered, greased bowl to rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 450 and grease a cookie sheet.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces. Roll each into a rope, then shape into a pretzel or whatever shape you’d like.
- When all pretzels are shaped, dip them into the baking soda water then place on the greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Brush with melted butter when they come out of the oven and sprinkle with coarse salt or cinnamon sugar.