How to Make Small Loaf French Bread
- Combine the yeast and 1 cup of warm water (105-115 degrees) in large bowl,stirring until dissolved.
- Mix in oil,garlic,and salt
- Add 2 cups flour and stir till smooth.Stir in enough additional flour untill the dough forms a ball.
- Knead dough on floured surface and add more flour if too sticky.Knead till smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover in a warm place to rise until its double in size,about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and divide into two loaves.Shape each dough into a loaf about 9 inches long.
- Place loaves on greased baking sheet.Make three 1/2 diagonal cuts on the top.
- Loosely cover with plastice wrap and let dough rise 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-18 minutes till golden brown.