How to Make Skillet Corncake
- Place cast iron skillet with the butter in the bottom in your oven and preheat the oven to 375-degrees F.
- While its preheating, mix together the eggs, creamed corn, and honey.
- Mix in the self-rising cornmeal, just until combined.
- Once the oven is preheated and the butter is sizzling in the skillet, take the skillet out of the oven and pour your batter into it.
- Put skillet back into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until corncake tests done (toothpick or butter knife poked into the center comes out clean) and its nice and brown.
- Serve hot, right out of the oven slathered in butter.
- VARIATIONS: Add 1/2-cup blueberries, chopped broccoli, cheese, chilies, whole kernel corn, or whatever you like to the batter before baking. Fold ingredients in just until mixed.