SIMPLY EASY FRENCH BREAD
1 1/2 pkgdry, rapid rise yeast
2 cwarm water(105-115 degrees)
1 Tbspkosher salt
5 call purpose flour
1egg white + 1 tbls.water- for egg wash
·toasted sesame seeds-optional
How to Make SIMPLY EASY FRENCH BREAD
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water and let sit for 5 minutes. Then mix salt,sugar and flour with the yeast.
- Knead till smooth and elastic on floured board for 5 mins.
- Grease bowl and place dough in bowl and turn to coat. Cover with saran. Let rise 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove ,pound down and shape into 2 loaves.
- Place loaves in a pan coated with cornmeal. Slash tops of loaves,brush with egg wash. Add toasted sesame seeds at this time.
- Place in cold oven, turn to 400 degrees. Bake 30-40 mins. or til DARK golden brown.