SIMPLE FRENCH TOAST
How to Make SIMPLE FRENCH TOAST
- 1Whisk eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl; add salt. One by one, dip slices of bread in the egg mixture. Do this quickly, just to cover, but don't let it soak through.
- 2Melt drippings or butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place bread in skillet and cook slowly, turning often. When it begins to get brown on both sides, lower heat and cover for about 5 minutes to cook on the inside.
- 3Remove lid, add a little more drippings if needed, and turn up heat to medium to finish browning and to crisp up.
- 4When done to your liking, remove to paper towels to drain excess fat before placing on plates.
- 5Serve with butter, syrup, or powdered sugar--or plain.