Scones 'n Jam
This is my version. I used my favorite basic scone recipe. They turned out great and were really delicious!
1 3/4 call purpose flour
3-5 Tbspsugar (use 5 tbsp sugar for a sweeter scone)
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cchopped nuts (your choice or omit)
1/3 ccold butter
1egg, slightly beaten
·jam(s) - your favorite - i used apricot and blackberry
How to Make Scones 'n Jam
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut butter in with a pastry blender until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Mix in nuts if desired.
- Add egg and buttermilk. Stir just until mixture holds together. Dough will be sticky. (If too dry, add another tbsp of buttermik.)
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 8-10 times. Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Pat into a 9 inch circle. Spread half with jam, fold over and cut into 4 pieces. Do the same with the other half, using the other jam.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake 12 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to rack to cool.