1 lbbulk pork sausage
1large onion, chopped
1 1/2 cself-rising cornmeal
1 can(s)14 3/4 ounces cream-style corn
1/4 cvegetable oil
2 c8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Sausage Corn Bread
- In a skillet, cook the sausage and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, corn, milk, eggs and oil.
- Pour half into a greased 1-inch ovenproof iron skillet.
- Sprinkle with the sausage mixture and cheese.
- Spread remaining cornmeal mixture on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until corn bread tests done.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.