SAUERKRAUT BEER BREAD quick - no yeast
Nancy J. Patrykus
a second cousin to:
Sauerkraut Rye Bread.
Best eaten warm.
Great toasted later.
Get the butter out...
I love the smell of the kitchen,
when this is a baking!!
- 8 oz
- sauerkraut, canned
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- each... salt and caraway seed
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted , (1/2 a stick)
- 12 oz cans of beer.. keep one cool in the refrigerator for later.
How to Make SAUERKRAUT BEER BREAD quick - no yeast
- 1Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2Rinse sauerkraut under cold water, and squeeze with your hands to remove as much water as possible. Set aside.
Combine flour,brown sugar, baking powder,salt,and caraway seeds ina a large mixing bowl.
Scoop out a well in the center and pour in the butter and beer.Stir liquids into the dry ones with a wooden spoon, until dissolved.
(I just bought a bamboo mixing spoon,and love it)
Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted
comes out clean. No toothpick ? use spaghetti.
*Now you can drink the other can of beer! tee hee