1 cboiling water or scalded milk
1 ccold water
2cakes yeast (see note below)
1/2 clukewarm water
7 1/2 csifted flour
How to Make Refrigerator Rolls
- Combine shortening and boiling water; stir until shortening is melted.
- Combine eggs, sugar and salt and beat in cold water.
- Soften yeast in lukewarm water.
- Combine the 3 mixtures and add flour.
- Cover and chill overnight. Shape, let rise and bake as for standard rolls. Makes 36
- The instructions for baking standard rolls says to bake in a hot oven(425) for 15 to 20 minutes.
This website will tell you all about the different yeast types.