How to Make Refrigerator Rolls
- 1In a saucepan with the boiling water, add the sugar, salt and shortening.
- 2Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- 3Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and add to the shortening mixture.
- 4Add 2 cups of the flour and the eggs and stir with a wire whisk until the mixture resembles pancake batter.
- 5Stir in the remaining 4 cups flour with a spoon.
- 6Allow the dough to sit, covered, in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- 7Form the dough into 1½ inch balls and place on a cookie sheet to let rise until doubled in size.
- 8Bake in a preheated oven at 400 until lightly browned.