How to Make Refrigerator Rolls
- In a saucepan with the boiling water, add the sugar, salt and shortening.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and add to the shortening mixture.
- Add 2 cups of the flour and the eggs and stir with a wire whisk until the mixture resembles pancake batter.
- Stir in the remaining 4 cups flour with a spoon.
- Allow the dough to sit, covered, in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Form the dough into 1½ inch balls and place on a cookie sheet to let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 until lightly browned.