☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/3 cnuts, chopped
1 cheavy cream
11/4 craspberry or strawberry spread
1 Tbspmilk or heavy cream
How to Make Raspberry Scones
- Preheat oven 400. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add nuts to distribute evenly. Stir in the cream to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, and roll it out to for 1/4" thick rectangle, about 14x9. Spread the fruit spread lengthwise over the bottom 2/3's of the dough. Using a large floured spatula or dough cutter, fold the top third down over the center portion of the dough. Then fold the bottom third up over the other two layers, forming an envelop-style package that measures about 14x3.
- Square off any jagged ends, and using a sharp knife or dough cutter, cut the rectangle into four pieces, each about 3 1/2 x 3. Cut each piece in half diagonally, making eight triangles.
- Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet, and sparingly brush the tops with the tablespoon of milk or cream.
- Bake until the scones have risen and are golden brown on top, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool.