1 3/4 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cbutter,chilled,cut up
2/3 cplus 2 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
How to Make Raisin Scones
- Combine flour, raisins, baking powder,1 tablespoon of brown sugar,cinnamon and salt.
- With 2 knives cut in butter with criss-cross strokes till it resembles pea size pieces.
- Slowly stir in 2/3 cup of milk just untill soft dough forms.
- Pat dough on floured surface into 6 1/2 inch round 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with remaining 2 tablespoons of milk and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.